Wednesday 30 June 2010

NEWS: "I Never Told [Chris Brown]To Go On Stage And Cry" Says Singer Lloyd


After singer Lloyd said in an interview that he told Chris Brown to cry during his Michael Jackson tribute performance during the BET Awards, a lot of people have begun to question how genuine Chris' tears actually were.

Now Lloyd is saying that he didn't tell Chris to cry and wanted to clarify his statement.

"I consider Chris a friend. He’s been through a lot in the past couple years. I never told him to go on stage and cry. We spoke recently, and I told him as a friend that people hadn’t really seen him be vulnerable about his situation last year [with Rihanna]. I thought he was holding back and needed to let that emotion out. Him crying at the BET Awards was real, I could feel it.” said Lloyd.

“I think he cried about a number of things. About the fact that he thought people would hate him forever because of one mistake. Feeling that love on stage was probably overwhelming. Plus MJ being gone and him performing “Man in the Mirror”, that song is powerful, especially for his situation. It pushed him over the edge.”

“To say that he was faking or that I’m hating on him, that’s some bull shit. Last week Essence.com asked me what artist most embodied MJ. I told them it was Chris. I never saw MJ perform live, but he [Chris Brown] is the closest thing I’ve witnessed. Chris is back, and I’m just as excited as his fans are. It’s just frustrating that people want to make everything negative.”
 

Spotted @ Necole Bitchie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin