Monday 7 June 2010

M.I.A. - 'Facebook & Google were developed by the CIA '

Whilst speaking to Nylon magazine, M.I.A. hit out out at popular search engine Google and social networking site Facebook, claiming that they were 'intent on f*cking you up and were developed by the CIA.'


'All governments are connected to Google.' 'Governments can shift their search engines so only what they want you to see comes up. I want kids to be aware of this digital circumstance.'

She went on to say:

'Everyone on the internet is like, Oh my God, come and join Facebook, they're all so optimistic... and really, everyone is f*cking you up behind the screens. And I don't like that.

'It makes it difficult for me to interact with my fans knowing that. Google and Facebook were developed by the CIA, and when you're on there, you have to know that.'

She also said that she would end up as a prostitute if she wasn't accepted into university.

'If you don't [accept me], you're going to change my life completely, because I'm going to go outside and get on the bus and I'll be a crackhead prostitute and go to jail. And three years from no, I'll come out of jail and make the best film.'

I wonder if she thinks Jay - Z, whom she performed on stage with is part of some satanic cult too?

Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin