Wednesday 28 July 2010

PICTURE THIS: Diddy/Dirty Money x Janelle Monae x Rick Ross x Cassie On The Cover Of VIBE Magazine



Today Diddy was guest editor at VIBE Magazine and announced that he and his Bad Boy familia (Dirty Money, Cassie (does she even sing anymore?), Janelle Monae, Rick Ross, Red Cafe)will be on the cover of VIBE's August/September 'Juice' issue.

Here's a snippet of what to expect from the cover story with Diddy:

Dr. Dre said that the last beat that floored him was “All About the Benjamins.” How does that make you feel?
It’s humbling. I was in the studio with Dre the other day. He started working on a record for me. Watching him as a producer is watching greatness. We had a lot of similar traits. It was like looking in the mirror. He would ask questions like, “How you feel about this?” People don’t really understand true producers want to know how you feel about things. We are some of the most observant people on the planet.


What happened during the Martin Bashir interview on Nightline?
There were times in the interview when I had to give him an ultimatum. The questions weren’t being handled the right way. In hindsight, when I saw him I shouldn’t had done the interview because I know the style of interview that he does . . . The whole thing about giving a Maybach to my son, that’s really like a racist question. You don’t ask White people what they buy their kids. And they buy ‘em Porsches and convertible Bentleys and it ain’t no question. It’s really a racist question and put things back in perspective with money and the way that people still look at you. And I’m not saying that consciously he’s a racist. But he probably don’t even realize that he would not ask Steve Jobs that. He would be like Steve Jobs has that money and that’s the gift his kid is supposed to get.


Are the comments from Lil’ Kim about Nicki disheartening?
When I heard her say what she said, it didn’t really affect me. I didn’t get mad at her or anything like that. I knew how she felt. I ain’t agree with it. But also I know the motivation. I know that people say, “Oh, he’s trying to get a new Lil’ Kim.”  I guess people will see in time. Yeah, Nicki’s had flavored wigs on, but besides that it ain’t even the same approach to the writing.



In other news, Diddy also announced that 'Last Train To Paris' has been pushed back to a release date in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin