Thursday, 17 September 2009
Seeing as SocialWriters have been posting about Jay-Z quite a lot over the past 2 weeks, and he's got a #1 album and single, I thought I'd post some facts up about Jay-Z that probably only the Jigga stans would know about
- Jay-Z has sold more than 41 million albums worldwide.
- The Blueprint 3 is Jay-Z's 11th studio album.
- First hip hop artist to headline Glastonbury in the UK
- 7-time Grammy Award Winner.
- 11 #1 Albums on the Billboard chart
- More #1 album debuts than any other artist in history with 11 total. (US)
- Co-Founder of Roc-A-Fella Records
- Co-founder of Rocawear clothing brand
- Co-owner of the NJ Nets
- Co-owner of 40/40 Sports Clubs with locations in NYC and Atlantic City
- Became the first non-athlete to enter into a major footwear co-venture with the S. Carter line for Reebok
- Partnership with Live Nation
- Partnership with Activision for DJ Hero to be released on October 27th
- Partnership with Carol’s Daughter skin care
- Partnership with Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades)
This man is a business mayn!