Okay.....so today is Valentine's Day.....and in society it's just a Hallmark day and a way for people to spend money. We believe that you should show your loved one(s) love all the time, not just once a year because your calendar says so.
If you are lucky enough to be with your significant other today, here's our tips to make the day/night run smoothly:
- Valentines Day is a big one for females, it’s what they look forward to. Remember the male mind and the female minds are very complex, but also very different. Although the new age man is edging more to the "metrosexual" side, females are still more emotional than guys so you if you dont make her feel special on this day, you might as well call it quits.
- Ladies, if your man hasn't told you that he's got something planned for you, don't go out and make your own plans without asking him first. You never know, he might have a suprise for you.
- Ensure you have covered all angles; you can’t be slipping up at the last minute. If you’re taking him/her out and you have reservations, call to ensure your place is a definite. Also ensure you have petrol in your car and your tyres are pumped! You wouldn't want to be stranded on a side road with your hazard warning lights on trying to replace a tyre.
- Don't go over board...spelling out "I Love You" across the sky is nice, but writing down your feelings in a beautiful card is just as effective.
- Don't turn up your nose if you don't like the gift you're given. Afterall it's the thought that counts!
- If you're taking your girlfriend out, make sure you got money!!! Don’t come with that .... "Aw yeah, see what happened is, my boy was meant to set me back the bill he owe's me but his pees are low so he had to let man down". Im sure your partner would rather be dining at Yi Ban than getting her hands greasy to Dixy chicken whilst watching Gavin & Stacey on BBC iplayer.
- Thinking about cooking for the that special someone, but have no idea where to start? Ensure it's not the first time you're trying to cook that specific meal, try try and try again so that you know its perfect and just right. If that fails, simply order his/hers favourite take away and serve yourself up as desert...wink wink, nudge, nudge!
- If your side jump-off is hollering at you to cause trouble, leave your phone at home ! Tell your partner to do the same, look at them in their eyes and whisper in a subtle voice "Tonight it’s all about me and you, so lets leave our phones and worries at home and enjoy each other's company without any distractions". Then give him/her a soft kiss on the lips before they have time to say anything.
- "If you can't be with the one you love,' like Vandross said, 'then love the one you're with!'
- Lastly, RELAX! Whatever you have planned, just make nature run its course. There's nothing worse than being confronted with those dreaded awkward moments!