Friday 26 November 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy


Just before the end of the year Kanye West returns with an album that could bully it’s way in to the top 3 hip hop albums of 2010. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is far from dark, a bit twisted in an evil genius sense and full of fantasy in the form of perfectly complimented lyrics/beats and production.

With all that Mr West has been through since 808’s And Heartbreak, there was no telling what kind of album we would receive, but through the G.O.O.D. Fridays’ releases the signs were G.O.O.D. (pardon the pun).

Through his confidence, talent, conceitedness and to the left thinking Kanye has put out a near flawless 13 track opus which will prove all the naysayers wrong whilst boosting his ever growing ego.

Features on the album include- Nicki Minaj, a much welcomed cameo by Rick Ross on the extended version of 'Devil In A New Dress', Kid Cudi, John Legend, Jay-Z, Pusha T, Bon Iver, Rza, Swizz Beats, Raekwon, and a hilarious Chris Rock on ‘Blame Game’, but they in no way outshine Kanye on his own songs.

The only song I originally had reservations about was ‘All Of The Lights’ with Rihanna, but it has grown on me. I’ll limit my stand out tracks to- ‘Devil In A New Dress’, ‘Hell Of A Life’, ‘Blame Game’ and ‘Lost In The World’.

I didn’t really care for the ‘Runaway’ mini-film/video, but I love the extended album version which, is the same as the one he performed on the MTV VMAs.

If you TRULY love music go and purchase this album.

5 out 5 from me!


***For a bonus point, see if you can spot Alicia Keys, Amber Rose, La Roux, Drake, Charlie Wilson and Teyana Taylor on the album also.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin