Friday 30 September 2011

PICTURE THIS: Lil' Wayne Covers VIBE


Lil' Wayne graces the cover of VIBE for their forthcoming October/November issue. In his accompanying feature, Wayne discusses the situation with Jay-Z, his relationship with Drake and how music isn't about competition anymore.

Check out a snippet of the interview after the jump.




VIBE: You say competition is for the "old guys," but it sounds like you're going at Jay-Z with that line, "I got your baby money/Kidnap your bitch, get that how-much-you-love-your-lady money." Are we looking at it the wrong way?  
LIL WAYNE: I know for a fact, music is about perception. You can't do anything but perceive what you hear. If I know that for a fact, I can never be upset about someone's reaction to it. I'm not gonna say I don't know what will happen before I say it [on record]. I do know what will happen. I am aware of it. It is what it is.
VIBE: So you knew the repercussions of going after Jay before anything even happened? 
LIL WAYNE: Well, I'm a man. I believe as a man you should know that. Every man should know the repercussions and consequences behind whatever they do before they do it. And of course, I know there won't be any repercussions behind what I did.

Thanks Vibe.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin