Sunday 6 March 2011

NEWS: Lupe Fiasco Was Suicidal Over 'B.o.B's 'Nothing On You'



Lupe Fiasco recently revealed that he was suicidal after the chairman of Atlantic Records deemed his version of the smash hit 'Nothing On You' was terrible. Lupe had originally recorded the Bruno Mars assisted track but B.o.B got the track in the end.

Lupe told the Guardian:
“That was the tipping point, It was less about the bruised ego but more the audacity of it. It was mentally destructive. I say it with a certain laissez-faire now because I’m past it, but back then, hearin’ that shit, it fucked me up. I was super-depressed, lightly suicidal, at moments medium suicidal — and if not suicidal, willing to just walk away from it all completely.”

"I hate this album. I don’t hate the music, but I hate the process. When I look at it, I don’t see song titles and artwork, I see the fight – I see the emotions, the blood, sweat and tears. There are a couple of songs on there that I love; but Lasers is a little bit of what you love, a little bit of what you like, and a lot of what you had to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin