Saturday 7 August 2010

NEWS: KanYe West's First Ustream Interview

Kanye West sat down to take questions from fans yesterday (Friday 6th August) via Ustream for the first time. In the interview he discusses his new album, which he confirmed will be released in November, and speaks on the similarities between his latest single 'Power' and the classic 'Jesus Walks'. He also gave his fans a snippet of his forthcoming single 'All Of The Lights' and reveals 'Flashing Lights' to be his favourite video.




Towards the end of the broadcast someone asks Ye why he was a racist, in his response he states:

“I don’t know a rapper before me that liked white people more than me. I don’t know a rapper that wore tighter jeans. I don’t know a rapper that collaborated with more white people. I know what it is that I did that made people put it in a box like that but it never came from a place of racism. I’m not going to dial into that but I would just like to say in no way am I a racist. Sometimes it frustrates me when people call me names and try to down me like I’m not a real human being. A Lot of times when I talk extremely cocky, I’m not talking about myself, I’m talking about the work. I think people should be proud of their work or they should never put it out. All I can do is take time and be a better person….. It’s no more time to be a rude asshole, celebrity or none of that. It’s about the art. I’m not allowing my attitude to get in the way of my creation anymore. I had to change my attitude completely and now my statement is only of amazing work."



Side Note: There has been a lot of talk as to why Kanye decided to follow only one person on twitter, however, the rapper simply stated he followed the guy because he felt like being "random".

RVB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin