Sunday 8 May 2011

PICTURE THIS: Alicia Keys Covers Essence Magazine




Alicia Keys looks stunning on the cover of the June 2011 issue of Essence magazine. In the feature, Alicia talks about love, motherhood and her marriage to Swizz Beatz.

Read what some of what Ms Keys had to say after the jump.

On Love:


"Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic..."

On music, marriage and motherhood:

"I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you've found the center in  yourself. You're not hiding; you're not worried about anything. Everything's going to be just fine."

On dedicating a song to her mother:

"In the past, I've written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, 'I owe God.' Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote 'I Owe You'. It's dedicated to her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin