Friday 20 May 2011

NEWS: Nicki Minaj Becomes Principle At An American School



Nicki Minaj surprised students at Collins Academy High School in Chicago earlier this week. The Young Money rapper became Principle for the Day as a reward for students at the school who won the Get MotivatED Challenge; a competition to raise attendance rates across schools.

Nicki helped to lead an English class, as well as an assembly with MTV's Sway Calloway to honor the school's students and teachers.

Nicki told the students: "I am a young, female mogul before I am an artist. As a business woman there isn’t a single day where I don’t use my education or acquire new knowledge to ensure my success,” Nicki told the students. “Regardless of where you are today, with education you can take yourself where you want to be. That’s why I am working with the Get Schooled Foundation. They are finding innovative and exciting ways to bring that message to schools like the Collins Academy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin