Friday 15 July 2011

NEWS: Lil Kim Taken Off Of Monica's New Single



Monica is said to be 'beyond hurt' after hearing that Lil' Kim's verse on her new single, 'Anything (To Find You)'.

The single samples the Notorious B.I.G and so needed to be cleared by his mother, Ms. Wallace, who is in control of the Biggie Estate.

Unfortunately, clearance was not given to Kim's use of 'Who Shot Ya' that appears in her verse, resulting in the entire verse being removed from the track.

Monica took to her twitter to publicly address the issue.

"I am just finding out what has happened to my single and myself & Missy are beyond hurt that @LilKim was removed. She’s our friend, a legend & @LilKim will get the respect she deserves at all cost. The clearance was revoked & I’m fighting to get it reinstated by the Biggie Estate."

"We respect all parties involved & were gonna do WHATEVER to keep the song as is because @lilKim the bizness on the record. I am as thorough as they come and I LOVE @LilKim bottom line is Ms Wallace has the final say and she said No. If we put it out we get SUED."

The song, which also features Rick Ross, is the first track to be lifted from Monica's new project, 'New Life', which is due out on October 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin