Monday 26 October 2009

What Does Black History Month Mean To You?



"Black History month for me is an important part of the year, as it totally reinforces the achievements of the spearheads of the black community, both nationally and internationally.

In terms of figureheads that have inspired my career, there are so many to choose from, however the most relevant for me has to be the legendary Jesse Owens. In 1936 his Olympic achievements infront of Nazi Leader, Adolf Hitler, were a perfect example of how we as a race can excel in the most difficult cirmcustances.

He totally inspires me and this month I have taken time to show appreciation for a man who showed the world that on an Olympic stage, prejudice and racism is not accepted."


-Jeanette Kwakye, GB Athlete.


Image via Voice-online.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin