Friday 8 May 2009

Concert Review: Brandy (Indigo2)


My lovely friend and fellow journalist Emmanuel invited me down to Indigo2, to watch his favourite singer of all time, Brandy, perform.



The last time I saw Brandy perform in concert was years ago at the Royal Albert Hall, when her album 'Never Say Never' was out! Sporting a new funky-cut, yaki weave, that was super shiny, Brandy was pulling out some dance moves. She had some MJ-robotic dance moves going on with a hint of some African moves.....I liked. She started the concert with 'Afrodisiac', which is a tune and followed through with other songs such as 'What About Us' and 'Full Moon'.


I didn't actually realise how many adoring fans she had or how many years she's been in the music industry. The concert was like a trip down memory lane, with Brandy singing a medley of her old-time jams, such as 'I Wanna Be Down' and 'Baby', and giving us some of her material from her latest album, 'Human'.



I can't fault the girl, she gave a great pitch perfect performance, but the thing I disliked is that the concert was over before you knew it! She was on stage for 45 minutes, which actually felt like 30 minutes. To make matters worse....where was the encore?? That's the first concert I've been to where there was no encore, and I've been to quite a few concerts!

Brandy, my dear, next time, ENCORE!

Images: KCB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin